Monday, February 7, 2011

RECIPES!!

Today's post will serve a number of purposes... I had an experience at the airport this morning that has prompted me to list various travel tips as they occur to me. This morning our flight to memphis cancelled due to the horrible wheather in memphis. This sucks-for everyone involoved. I have to listen to angry people yell at me for things I can't help and sweet, sweet, people get screwed out of a honeymoon. The particular couple this morning who missed their flight to Florida was in danger of missing their connection to the Cruise ship they were going on for their honeymoon. When I mentioned how bad I felt for them to a co-worker,he told me that they should have planned their flight a day earlier. I was kind of frustrated that he was being so insensitive... but unfortunately the truth is there..

Alexis's awesome travel tip number 1: If you have something as incredibly important as a honeymoon cruise to get to.. make your travel arrangements to leave at LEAST a day ahead.

Unfortunately for the couple, there were no other flights our of lubbock, except to Dallas... which of course means they would just be stuck in Dallas for a few days with all the post-super bowl business. I know it sounds drastic but if it is that important that you get somewhere, take another day off, pay the extra for the hotel to be there a day early. I promise it's worth it.

Alexis's awesome travel tip number 2: If you have a flight leaving at 5:50, be there at at LEAST 5:20.

Seriously people.. is your time that important that you would risk missing your flight because you got there too late? If the flight is scheduled to leave at 5:50 that means it LEAVES at 5:50... meaning the doors close at 5:40, bags have to be checked by 5:20 and you have to be through security by 5:35. Come on people try some common sense.. I know the second you step inside the airport doors you lose your mind, but please... get there in time-go to the correct counter (yes people come up to me with an American Eagle confirmation code and cant understand why I can't help them)- and you will get wherever you're going without problems. Easy =).

Now for the important stuff--This is me before the wedding...


and.... this is me now..



I know! it's terrible... and there are no excuses..except maybe that I started birth control and started working 2 jobs and taking 19 credit hours? no you're right no excuses... what this means for you is that I NEED healthy recipes... Xavier and I have a few but really only like a week and a half's worth of variety if I make dinner every night! Any recipes will help, breakfast, lunch, dinner... I have a contest thing going with a friend (not by choice-I was forced kicking and screaming into the contest) and I need all the help I can get!

Thanks in advance for the help, because I know you guys won't let me down!

Alexis =)

6 comments:

  1. I have an awesome one for Mediterranean Chicken. It is weight watcher. A friend of mine is doing it and served it for dinner one night when david and I went over. Soo good!
    I will just send it to you in an fb message.

    I don't know if this is "healthy" or not, BUT:
    root beer chicken
    1 lb chick {we just throw a few chicken breasts in}
    1 1/2 L root beer
    Jamaican jerk spice {if you don't have any of that go here:http://www.grouprecipes.com/4728/homemade-jamaican-jerk-seasoning.html I just use this amount}
    cook in crock pot for 8 hours on low

    serve shredded on buns with bbq sauce

    I hope that made sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything in moderation, a LOT of fiber/fruits/veggies, and water.

    Before dinner, or before the "main course," eat your fruit or fiber, and drink a glass of water. It'll fill up some space in your belly and make you slow down a little bit. That way, you can still have your carby-goodness or protein-packed main course without filling up on ONLY that.

    I think in general, if you follow the food pyramid you're pretty safe.

    And if you're trying to lose weight...just remember it's ONE to TWO pounds a week...not TEN. Slow and steady wins the race.

    And no worries...I'm in the same before and after boat as you. BUT...we're a work in progress. And hopefully our after-after will be even better than before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just have a baby. I came out of the hospital with Remi weighing 7 pounds less than I did getting pregnant with her. Since she was a honeymoon baby that means 7 less than my before married weight. So come on! Get pregnant deliver me a niece or nephew and then you will be back to your pre-wedded weight. k? k.

    On a slightly more helpful note text me and remind me to send you recipes. I bought a new cookbook on sale this weekend with delicious easy crock pot recipes and there are about 7-10 that are insanely low cal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above. I did a group thing to loose weight and we had to drink 8 glasses of water each day, eat 4-6 servings of fresh fruit and the same of fresh veggies each day, then eat normal meals,(with lots of fresh stuff.) It works great! And of course exercise when you can. And remember, you are beautiful no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. heres a recipe to tide you over. Its one I make because its way cheap and protein packed. If you only eat a serving you're good on calories. K you ready? Its complex.

    This is for 2 servings.
    4 pieces of toast
    1 small can baked beans
    2 eggs
    salt and pepper

    1. Toast your bread.
    2. Dump beans in bowl. Microwave according to can.
    3. Fry two eggs.
    4. Put one slice toast on plate. Put 1/4 of beans on top. Put another toast on top followed by another 1/4 of beans. Lay egg on top. Salt and Pepper. Repeat for second plate.

    Sounds gross. Really not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are some of my favorite recipe links. Use ground turkey in all of the recipes if it calls for ground beef.

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/hamburger_buddy.html

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/zucchini_rice_casserole.html

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mozzarella_stuffed_turkey_burgers.html
    I used store bought marinera

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/lemon_rosemary_turkey_meatballs.html

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/turkey_sausage_arugula_pasta.html
    I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks awesome!

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/southwestern_stuffed_acorn_squash.html
    Or this one. I think I'm finding me some more good recipes as I looking for you!! Thanks!!

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/skillet_gnocchi_with_chard_white_beans.html

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/lean_spicy_taco_meat.html

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/moms-turkey-meatloaf-recipe/index.html

    http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/buffalo-chicken-meatballs/
    This one is sooo good!!

    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=604500
    Love this one too!!

    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/512
    I signed up for her newsletter and she sends out a lot of healthy tips to making healthy classic recipes.

    Love you!! Good luck! I have more if you want. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete