Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Reality



So--I've spent a lot of time on various blog building sites the past few weeks-and by a lot i mean A LOT! Thanks to the glorious half snow day today, I was able to be even more lazy. Reading other people's blogs and looking at all of the cute decorations and sites, I have a tendency to get a little down on myself. It all seemed a little overwhelming until I read the best advice of all:

Dont forget to ask yourself: Why did you start this blog?

Yeah, it would be nice to have the cutest header and all these cutesie little buttons and say the cleverest things.. but in reality I only started the blog so that my family could check in every once and a while and know what my little family is up to. I am NOT starting a blog to make money or fame, I'm not starting a blog to teach people all my secrets or make people laugh (although I hope you do occasionally). Once I realized this little fact I have been completely content in my blogging abilities. =) That being said I think I'll update my you on my perfect little family!

Xavier, Zada, and I live in a cute little house in Lubbock,TX with my two brothers (DJ and Braydon) and brother in law (Sanchao). Before you start to think about how weird it is for newlyweds to be living with their three brothers, let me explain: we own a little house with an efficiency apartment attached to the side; this is where we reside! =) It not awkward at all living with the boys, it's actually convenient most of the time (when they're not resetting the internet in the middle of a post so you lose everything). I'm graduating from Tech in august and Xavier is graduating in December. We have NO idea what the future holds, but we are hopeful =). Zada...well she likes to beg for our food, lick in daddy's nose (yes, it's disgusting), and sleep in the bed with us. She HATES the snow.. which is so funny because she picks her little paws up like a diva when we force her to go out in the snow to pee =). That's it for our happy little life right now!






6 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting LMM girl! Your blog looks great! About my signature, I had a blog designer do it for me BUT go to mommagoround.blogspot.com and check out her "beautify your blog" series--she teaches you how there.

    hope this helps :)

    xoxo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's our apartment!! COME BAAAACCCKKK!! ps- its cute, you can now stop stressing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I'm glad you figured out something that works for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do anything if you just try! It is a cute blog! And if you need help, just ask, I actually build blogs for people sometimes, mainly business ones, but I have like 6 myself! I am glad you are doing this so I can stay up to date on your wonderful life! And what is really important in blogging, is what you type and the pictures you post, the rest is just extra! I read for the info and pics, I could care less what it looks like! But that is just me! Glad to see another family member in the blogging world! Now if we could just get Kayla on here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a cute little dog!! I want one so bad! =) Congrats officially on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cuz, I am so glad you have a blog now so I can keep up with you. I don't care at all what my blog looks like: Its all about keeping in touch and I love printing out my blog book at the end of the year. But having that said... yours is adorable. so good job. I love you two! Now get your booties down here to see us!

    ReplyDelete