Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW!!!

I know... A little snow is not that exciting... but it sure made my week a little more eventful!!

First of all it snowed pretty bad Monday night/ Tuesday morning causing the flight to be cancelled in the morning--YAY no work for me!! Unfortunately, this caused my already winter-hating doggie to be even more frozen.* This made** her extra anxious in the bathroom (where she lives while we are gone at school or work). I came home to find blood all over the door and floor... and her paws =(((. Apparently she was scratching at the door for so long that she rubbed a raw sore on her paw AND she filed her nails down to the quick! =( sad day...we have to give her a fake cast... which she
hated.. haha



So...Zada's all fixed up and everything and I'm trying to fix dinner... NO BREAD! what the heck?!?! But I definitely was NOT going outside in the snow, so guess what I did?!?! I baked a couple loaves myself! =) I know youre impressed! I'm impressed!



Don't worry though... the snow did not stop my SUPER cute rings from Love Stitched href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovestitched?ref=top_trail"> from coming in! I love them! (ps sorry about the link I don't know how to make that work quite yet)




Finally--Yesterday I was scheduled to work 4:15am-12:00 pm. Work was already crazy because I had to listen to everyone's sob stories about how they've been stuck in Lubbock for 2-3 days and experienced 4-5 flight cancellations already and they are ready to get home! I feel for them--that sucks.. unfortunately I can't control the weather.. The plane comes in and is ready to board all the passengers for their much anticipated departure-WRONG!! The plane comes in yes, but there is a minor delay because of a mechanical issue with the plane...and then a not so minor delay...and then a 2.5 hour delay (all the while I am having to comfort and console 50 passengers and try to rebook them on connection flights since they already missed theirs). Oh wait? After 2.5 hours NOW you decide to cancel the flight? FML! Needless to say those 50 passengers were not happy! Meanwhile passengers start showing up for their 4 oclock departure... All in all it was non-stop craziness from about 10 am-6 pm! (do I need to remind you that I was supposed to get off at 12??)



I guess what I'm trying to say is:

God, Next time you are thinking about letting it snow in Lubbock, please reconsider.



Thanks,

Alexis =)

*I told Xavier to look at my new post and tell me if he LOVED it or not... this is his edit =)
**I don't care enough about perfection to listen to ALL of his edits... this is his 2nd AND final edit =)

6 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you went a made bread! I'm kind of impressed that you had the ingredients, lol. I always have to go buy stuff in order to make anything cool like that. I'm loving the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your life! It makes me feel like I am there. hmm gotta love bloggin!!
    I always get comments from David about my spelling and such. One time a post was up for like three days before he told me that I wrote "ass" instead of "add"

    That is so sad about you puppy! It made my heart hurt reading about that! =(
    also I LOVE making bread!! It's like the best. although it is nearly impossible for me because our house is so stinkin cold all the time it hard to get the yeast to rise. But it gives me a reason to crank the heater twice a month! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I love the dog cast...it's as big as her little head, haha!

    2. That bread looks delicious.

    3. I love you. And your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a blog!!! Yea! How did you get that cute writing? I want that for mine! I'm so excited to stay in better touch now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support guys! Casi- I actually have had stuff to make bread for a while now but have been too lazy to do it...and it took me being to lazy to go to the store to make me bake it.. haha..and Amy- haha I don't really know how I achieved anything on this blog, but I think I just changed the font on the basic formatting page... I was just fiddling with all the tabs on the left and found it.. I'll try to find it again and let you know =) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha That was totally not DJ- this is Alexis on DJ's computer.. that's funny

    ReplyDelete