Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's DAYYY!!

As it turns out I'm about as good at blogging as I am at journaling--really good for a couple days and then... Anyway--I will be better! Promise! Enjoy this VERY long post =)

Soo... Valentine's day isn't a really big deal in our little world. We love each other everyday, and we are sweet to each other...most days =). We've started operation..look good for Australia!! I've been cooking yummy meals almost every night since my last post...That means I have a LOT of pictures.. so.. bare with me =)


This was dinner um...the first night.. monday? Grilled chicken salad =) Xavier forced me to eat nasty grape tomatoes and then covered up the evidence in my wonderful picture--turd.


Usually I'm a boring breakfast eater, but this was my breakfast the next morning =)


Tuesday Night: Chicken Spaghetti--thrown together because I hadnt bought groceries yet =P


Wednesday Night: Taco Salad.. Yumm


Thursday Night: Chicken and Rice with Gravy

Friday Night we had grilled cheese sandwiches and soup and Saturday was our "Special" dinner (it's a good thing it's the weekend because calories don't count on the weekend right??):


This is Xavier cooking his GIANT T-bone steak =)


He thought I would try to hide this little fact.. but here it is: special for you guys!! I was NOT about to make dinner after a really crazy saturday, so... I bought the yummiest (and healthiest) mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and gravy from marketstreet!


So X totally called me out.. I looked at our dinner and said "aww dang it we don't have any vegetables"... Xavier promptly said "Are you just sad because it doesn't look good for your picture?" haha. dang.. so we added some parsley to the mac and cheese.. haha =)


I know those steaks were out of control huge.. don't worry.. we had about 8 steaks worth of left overs =)

Ok so I know this post is RIDICULOUSLY long... but I have to include these last couple of pictures.. so I was on A Yellow House blog by Cierra... I really wish I could put a link..and I saw a link to this awesome website that taught me how to make a sweet heart cake for valentine's day. I am NOT good at anything cute really but I decided to give it a try anyway =) I would say it turned out pretty dang good =)





I know it might not look that cool but it was VERY involved and took me a long time! It tasted great though =)

Thanks for taking the time to read my VERY lengthy blog!! I won't wait so long in between blogs next time =) Really! Have a great weekend!

Alexis =)

4 comments:

  1. I think the "this blog is long" statements about doubled the article's size... also calories DONT count on the weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! Pictures don't count as part of the long post, they are the icing! So it is a good, normal post! Looks like you are eating good! Can't wait to see a picture of a thinner cute you! The cake looks good! And yummy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the sweet heart cake! You know you can do links, there is a button at the top of the page when you do a post. I would love the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be making myself sound totally out of it and like a bad friend...BUT...when/why are y'all going to Australia?? Not that i'm totally jealous or anything!!

    ReplyDelete